The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) from 25 May 2018.
What personal information do we collect about you.
Information is collected about you when you place an order for products, register for an online account or sign up to receive my email newsletters.
Information may also be collected when you provide reviews and feedback or participate in competitions. Information is also collected about your visits to my website using cookies.
Some or all of the following personal data about you may be collected:
- A username and password
- Full Name
- Billing and delivery addresses
- Contact information including Email address and phone number(s)
- Payment Method details
- Correspondence with and from TCG
- Your preferences about receiving communications from TCG
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
In order to take advantage of some of the Services offered, you may need to supply me with the personal details of a third party (for example, their name and address if you wish to send them a Product). I will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services for which the information was supplied
What we do with the information we gather.
This information is required to understand your needs and provide you with a full service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and update you with the progress and completion of it.
- To obtain your payment using payment service providers Paypal, Worldpay and Santander - Any cardholder information is dealt with securely and any authorisation message I receive cannot be tampered with and the full information remains with those providers. TCG have no access to this sensitive data.
- Internal record keeping - this is kept secure within systems and any paper records for order processing are shredded within 6 months of ordering. Only electronic records will remain. Data will be kept for the standard 6 years.
- To despatch your orders using delivery providers Royal Mail and UPS. Only relevant information is shared to ensure they can deliver your goods.
- The information may also be used to improve our products and services.
- If you agree by consent you will receive newsletters via MailChimp with promotions, offers and news.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is totally secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that is collected online, via my website or any other ordering platforms, details given in correspondence or over the phone.
Links to other websites.
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to any external website.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social networks.
All these platforms have their own Privacy Policies but there may be instances where my website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. If you follow a link to any of these networks the above statement in 'Links to other websites' should be considered.
Disclosing your personal data.
I will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to an affiliated company or data processors (including delivery and payment service providers) under contract with TCG. In order to provide this service, data is shared only with the following categories of organisations:
- Payment processing companies - Paypal, Worldpay, Santander
- Delivery and courier services - Royal Mail, UPS
- Our Email marketing company - Mailchimp
Email Mailing List & Marketing Messages.
TCG have an email marketing list, used to inform subscribers about offers, products, services and/or news. Users can subscribe through an online process where your consent to receive is given. You can unsubscribe at any time in the detailed footer of each marketing message or by contacting TCG directly.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
Our EMS (email marketing service) provider is: Mailchimp
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
TCG use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps to analyse data about web page traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This information is only used for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help to provide you with a better website, by enabling TCG to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives anyone access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Your rights under the GDPR
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
or by post to Truly Creative Gifts, Design House, 17b Shrubland Road, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 2ES